We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Unity pods were seeded on the surface of Chiron by the disintegrating UNS Unity. Depending on map settings, they are either scattered all over the map or only near original landing zones. Unity pods are almost invariably beneficial to your faction and sending out a couple of scout units to track them down can give you a powerful edge over other factions.
Note that Artifacts which are used to explore pods have a 50% chance of vanishing without a trace.
Pod effects[edit | edit source]
- Agricultural Pod: Lots of free farms or forests in the area.
- Alien Artifact: Gives you a free artifact to bring back to a base with a Network Node.
- Cartographic/Sonar Pod. Shows all land/sea tiles within 5 squares.
- Data Pod. Free technological advance, restricted to levels 1 and 2.
- Dimensional Gate/Tidal Wave. “Teleports” unit elsewhere in same continent/sea.
- New Resource. In normal, non-fungus, non-sea squares this event is as likely as all of the other events combined (i.e. about 50% of pods will be resources), but a “discover resource” pod has a 50% chance of producing one of the other results as well.
- Earthquake (only if pod is on land). New mountain created here.
- Fungal Bloom.
- Hydrology Pod. Creates new river.
- Materials Pod. Completes production of random item at nearest base.
- Mind Worms (Isle of the Deep if at sea). This pod is six times more likely than any other pod (except Discover Resource). There is a 1 in 6 chance of a “big mind worms” event (lots of worms all around), otherwise only one worm is discovered. (There is never more than one Isle of the Deep discovered.) This event is ignored when adjacent to a base. If this isn’t the “big mind worms” version, then the event is more likely to be ignored the nearer you are to a friendly base.
- Mining Pod. Lots of free mines in the area.
- Power Pod. Lots of free solar power in the area.
- Resupply Pod. 25-200 energy credits (bigger totals more likely at sea and later in game).
- Sea Farming Pod. Lots of free kelp in the area.
- Supply Pod. Normally you get a Unity Rover. You may sometimes get a Unity Foil, particularly if your continent is small. If Synthetic Fossil Fuels have been discovered, you have a 1 in 3 chance of finding a Unity Chopper.