In elections for Planetary Governor (and Supreme Leader), each faction casts votes equal to the total size of all its bases. This total may be modified by faction powers and Secret Projects. Only the leader of one of the two factions with the highest vote totals may stand for election as Governor or Supreme Leader.
On votes to set planetary policies, each faction receives one vote. In these votes, the current Planetary Governor has veto power, which can be overridden only by unanimous vote of all remaining factions.
Proposals[edit | edit source]
The following proposals can be brought before the Planetary Council, once appropriate technology is obtained:
- Salvage Unity Fusion Core: +500 energy for each faction (Orbital Spaceflight).
- Global Trade Pact: Commerce rates doubled planetwide (Planetary Economics).
- Repeal Trade Pact: Commerce rates return to normal (Planetary Economics).
- Launch Solar Shade: Global cooling; sea levels fall (Advanced Space Flight).
- Melt Polar Caps: Global warming; sea levels rise (Advanced Space Flight).
- Repeal U.N. Charter: Atrocity prohibitions lifted (Advanced Military Algorithms).
The Council also elects the Planetary Governor by a majority vote of population, and by a 3/4 vote by population can annoint a Supreme Leader, conferring a Diplomatic Victory. This requires the Homo Superior technology.