From Alpha Centauri Wiki
Every Alpha Centauri game can be customized extensively with a variety of campaign and game rules.
Game rules[edit | edit source]
- The following rules determine victory conditions
- Higher Goal: Allow Victory by Transcendence.
- Total War: Allow Victory by Conquest.
- Peace in Our Time: Allow Diplomatic Victory.
- Mine, All Mine: Allow Economic Victory.
- One for All: Allow Cooperative Victory.
- Player (re)starting
- Do or Die: Don't restart eliminated players.
- Look First: Flexible starting locations.
- Research modifiers
- Tech Stagnation: Slower rate of research discoveries.
- Spoils of War: Steal tech when conquer base.
- Blind Research: Cannot set precise research goals.
- AI modifiers
- Intense Rivalry: Opponents more aggressive.
- Randomize faction leader personalities.
- Randomize faction leader social agendas.
- No Unity Survey: World Map not visible.
- No Unity Scattering: Supply Pods only at landing sites.
- Bell Curve: No Random Events.
- Time Warp: Accelerated Start.
- Iron Man: Save/Restore restricted to exit.
Scenario rules[edit | edit source]
- The following are special rules that apply in scenarios
- No native life--fungus, mind worms, Planet, etc.
- No colony pods can be built.
- No terraforming (raising/lowering terrain).
- No technological advances.
- No technology trading.
- No secret projects can be built.
- Unity Pods never produce artifacts.
- Unity Pods never produce monoliths.
- Unity Pods never produce resources.
- Unity Pods never produce vehicles.
- Unity Pods never produce tech.
- Force current difficulty level.
- Force player to play current faction.
- No Planetary Council
- No social engineering