We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Every Alpha Centauri game can be customized extensively with a variety of campaign and game rules.
Game rules[edit | edit source]
- The following rules determine victory conditions
- Higher Goal: Allow Victory by Transcendence.
- Total War: Allow Victory by Conquest.
- Peace in Our Time: Allow Diplomatic Victory.
- Mine, All Mine: Allow Economic Victory.
- One for All: Allow Cooperative Victory.
- Player (re)starting
- Do or Die: Don't restart eliminated players.
- Look First: Flexible starting locations.
- Research modifiers
- Tech Stagnation: Slower rate of research discoveries.
- Spoils of War: Steal tech when conquer base.
- Blind Research: Cannot set precise research goals.
- AI modifiers
- Intense Rivalry: Opponents more aggressive.
- Randomize faction leader personalities.
- Randomize faction leader social agendas.
- No Unity Survey: World Map not visible.
- No Unity Scattering: Supply Pods only at landing sites.
- Bell Curve: No Random Events.
- Time Warp: Accelerated Start.
- Iron Man: Save/Restore restricted to exit.
Scenario rules[edit | edit source]
- The following are special rules that apply in scenarios
- No native life--fungus, mind worms, Planet, etc.
- No colony pods can be built.
- No terraforming (raising/lowering terrain).
- No technological advances.
- No technology trading.
- No secret projects can be built.
- Unity Pods never produce artifacts.
- Unity Pods never produce monoliths.
- Unity Pods never produce resources.
- Unity Pods never produce vehicles.
- Unity Pods never produce tech.
- Force current difficulty level.
- Force player to play current faction.
- No Planetary Council
- No social engineering